Sunday, October 09, 2005

Reading Habit

I don't read that much these days. At least not as much I'd like to. Except for the mandatory newspaper & few magazines, I feel my reading habit has slackened quite a bit. At this point of time, I think I have almost a dozen book on the shelf, waiting to be picked up.

That is why when I finished reading the book 'Tuesdays with Morrie' last night, I was overwhelmed by a sense of achievement & satisfaction. The book was thin by any standard and yet it took me almost 3 weeks to go through its 192 pages.

Those days, I would've finished it in less than 3 days. Those days, I wouldn't have mind a bit about losing my sleep time as long as I can finish my reading. That is no longer the case these days. I guess this is why Harry Potter books put me off completely (apart from myself reasoning why bother reading and imagining things yourself when the movie(s) are there).

Buck up I must. Lest I lose the habit completely, I really have to buck up. Perhaps setting targets & keeping scoresheet will help. Giving rewards to myself for every book that I finished reading seems like a good idea.

But for now, I'd just like to get a good night sleep before I start on a new book tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Microsoft's Malware Fighters End Up in Windows?
My Account | Microsoft has yet to discuss publicly its distribution and pricing plans for its anti-spyware and anti-virus offerings.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my work from home related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Anonymous said...

Your have a great blog - I enjoy reading the stories on your site.

how to catch a cheating spouse.

stevenW said...

Awesome!!! Very interesting blog.

I am also a Malaysian, and the things I have on my blog are also about news in Malaysia.

Check mine out:

http://duriancapital.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts. I have a
nascar site. It covers everything about nascar. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Rod

Anonymous said...

Ha ha mengacau je semua spam ni. Can we do something to get rid of the spam ha ha ha...