Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Emil Got Whacked

I whacked the boy pretty good last night.

With his uncontrollable, almost non stop running and jumping and "in through one ear and out from the other" attitude, Aily and I are really stretched at times. Reasonings just don't work with him these days. Probably he himself is testing the limits as well. Seems that Emil can't stay still at all. Not even for a full minute, except when there is something interesting on the TV. Even that is too brief to our liking. Even the novelty of coming home after full day at the office only lasts for a couple of minutes.

I really hate it when I have to resort to whacking as means to drive my messages across to the boy. And it's not a pretty sight when he pours his heart out (not to mention the tears...) after that. But at this point, that seems to be only viable option. Pray that only good will come out of this. I would not want Emil to be the product of "no rod policy" and the world gets one more spoilt kid as a result.

No comments: