Friday, January 01, 2010

A TIME TO REFLECT

This is the time of the year when I am supposed to look back and reflect of things done, not done or undone in the past year(s) of my life. It is not a particularly nice activity really, as I haven't had much to reflect upon, hahaha... I have no life.

I am a junior civil servant work-wise. I still get scoldings from my bosses. I am earning a so-so salary. I only have a bachelor degree to my name, I sometime miss my prayers, I have 2 sons who most times refuse to listen to me. I don't have that much in the bank. And my golf is worst at best.

But then, one only needs to look harder to know that one is living a blessed life. Indeed, I am living a good life. I have passed few hurdles. I have a steady job. Good health. Money to spend. I have books to read. I have a lovely wife. I have a family. I have parents to call. I can still run (though I am not running as much as I'd like too these days). And I am thankful.

One shall only use one's own yardstick to measure one's life and not by others. Of course, there are many others who are earning more, those who have travelled more, those who have bigger and flashier cars, those who pray more (but not necessarily more pious, hehehe), those who have studied more. To each their own.


I have yet to draw up this year's resolution. Will do it during this weekend break. So far I have not train my sight on any particular goals, but of course the usual stuffs - be a better husband, be a better father, be a better worker, be a better servant to HIM - will be there, hahaha...but I am not taking "#5.Get a touring bike." off this year's list. Sure it is not happening this year, but at least, I will not forget, hahahaha...

For now, let's try to make 2010 a better year for me and for those dear to me.

3 comments:

joe said...

and more frequent blog updates. and more frequent itik attendance..

heheh

abah said...

yes screwboy, will consider those too.

e-commerce said...

more blog updates please...